Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Day 40: Having a snack


Snacking, Amherst, NH, February 2008,
Nikon D40, 35mm focal length equiv. 300mm, Exposure 1/80 sec @ f5.6, ISO 200, no flash, exposure bias -1/3
© Steven Crisp [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Last night I was bad.  Actually, I guess it began during the day, yesterday.  I had already eaten lunch (soy yogurt), but while I was out walking on the base, I went by a BK van, and suddenly had the urge for some greasy french fries.  I thought, well, at least I got that out of my system.

Then last night, after a yummy asian stir-fry and side salad (thank you, thank you, Carol), I still had the munchies.  And so, down went the chocolate mints.  Which after shocking my system with sweet, that I almost never eat now, I followed up with a chaser of salty potato chips ... and then finished off the bag.  

I don't know what the heck was going on.  And no, there was no alcohol involved (which I previously thought was the root cause of any of my willpower lapses).

So anyways, I'm feeling a little cruddy this morning.  I think the best antidote for my night of binging is to run into work.  So that's the plan anyways.  Oh yeah, and getting back on the healthy eating bandwagon.

I will say it was interesting to watch these cravings develop, and most importantly, to recognize that I'm not getting any satisfaction from allowing myself to indulge.  

So how is your snacking going?  Just stay away from my bird feeder, OK?

  • Donation:  to Growing Home, a company providing job training through non-profit organic farming.
  • Exercise:  Yeah, OK, so the running plan turned into the biking plan which turned into the walking plan (15 mins).  Lazy or busy?  Both are probably true.


2 comments:

daylightdisinfectant said...

"Chck-Chck ... BANG!" Just kidding. He's cuuuuute.

Steven Crisp said...

DD,

I know you love the critters just as much as I do. As you say, the hungry beggars are just soooo cute!