Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stop Counting

Time to Stop Counting, Big Island, Hawaii, December 2012, Nikon D600 with FX 28-300mm VR lens, 
76mm, 1/30 sec @ f5.6, ISO 640, 0 EV, no flash © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

I came across this T-shirt while strolling through Kona center on the Big Island with my family.  It made me chuckle.  And think.

I really don't think of myself as being as old as my birthday would indicate.  After all, it's just a number.  Rather meaningless, actually, when you realize the standard deviation around average life expectancy.




Kinda like dog years.  Those never mapped very well either, as far as I could tell.

They say you are as young (or as old) as you feel.  I think that is absolutely true.

So in case anyone asks, I'm 33 years old (and that's actually quite a bit older than I've been in the past). Yes, I'm a bit more mature lately.  But not too much.

And if you want to apply some other yardstick to yourself,  perhaps it's a good idea to use dog years for your age.  That way you are sure to be far from "average" ... in fact, you'd be well off the charts ;-)


No comments: