Sunday, June 14, 2020

Windswept Lover




Sitting together on the lanai
With eyes closed
At the dawn of a new day

Calm, peaceful and still 
We meditate while
Birds sing to the rising sun

And then you touch me
Tussle my hair, tickle my skin
And caress my face

Suddenly your all around me
Rippling over my clothes
Bringing a smile to my lips

Oh, my silent lover
So unpredictable and blustery
Sometimes cool, sometimes warm 

Yellow Oleander branches quiver
Flowers dance in delight
Grasses sway to and fro

And then, still toying with me
You go breathless
with an energetic stillness

Until the whispers and currents
of your loving embrace
Caress me once again

Why must you keep yourself hidden
So shy … yet available to all
Invisible, like the pulsing of Life itself

Such a precious offering
For those who are willing
To simply quiet their minds
... and observe

No comments: