Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Call of the Loon

Morning Loon Serenade, September 2021, Tucker Pond, NH


I've made a few attempts to capture the back and forth calls of the Loons that sometimes reside at our pond.  First you hear them, but by the time I get my camera, they've stopped.  Or they are triggered by a large overhead bird (such as a Bald Eagle or an Osprey), and then stop after the threat has passed.

This morning they were pretty close to my dock, so I gave it another chance -- just filming them and seeing what happens.  Either I was fortunate, or they perceived me as just another threat, as their tremolo calls started right after the camera was rolling.  Sit back and enjoy this 90-second morning serenade.  Listen closely, and you can even hear the echoes of their calls off the surrounding hills.



1 comment:

Pat said...

Wonderful!