Thursday, February 08, 2007

Love is all there is

Butterfly Love, Chiang-Saen, Thailand, November 2005, Pentax Optio 555, Exposure 1/160 sec @ 2.8, ISO 64, no flash © Steven Crisp [Click on the photo to enlarge]

A tender and delicate butterfly found on the ground, injured and apparently unable to fly. So I picked him up and brought him to my balcony, and placed him in the flower box, seeing if he might be able to take flight. If he could, it was after I had left.

I don’t know about you, but I think he is looking right at me. And saying thanks for the kindness. Perhaps he just hung around until I got a good photo ;-)

"What is called sympathy, kindness, mercy, goodness, pity, compassion, gentleness, humanity, appreciation, gratefulness, service, -- in reality it is love." -- Pir Inayat Khan

No comments: