Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 18: Follow your star


Follow Your StarRothenburg o.d.T, Germany, December 2009,
Nikon D5000, 35mm focal length equiv. 36mm, exposure 1/125 sec @ f5.6, ISO 200, no flash, exposure bias +0.33,
 © Steven Crisp [Click on the photo to enlarge]
Interesting person I met yesterday during lunch ... somone who calls herself a Messianic Jew.  Which, as I understand it, is someone who considers themselves Jewish but also believes Christ was the Messiah.  Basically, and evangelical Christian, but also a Jew.

Seems like that could be a pretty tough belief system to hold while growing up in Israel.  She said about 0.5% of the population fall into this category.

I guess you need to be able to follow your own North Star in such situations.
"I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books;
I have begun to listen to the teachings my blood whispers to me."
-- Hermann Hesse
"Let the water settle; 
you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your being." 
-- Jelaluddin Rumi



  • Donation:  to YogaCaps, Inc, in Amherst, NH
  • Exercise:  Another boardwalk run, this time toward Jaffa (4.5 miles, 40 mins); plus walk with Carol (60 mins)

    No comments: